World Trauma Day, 17th October 2019
Any physical injury caused to your body is termed as Trauma. The injury might be a result of many reasons which include road accidents, fire accidents, burns, falls, violence and crimes against the weak people including women, children and elderly. Out of all, Road Traffic Accidents (RTA) are the leading cause of trauma all over the world.
Most of the injuries in accidents leading to temporary or permanent disability and even causing death. Every year, World Trauma Day is observed on 17th October which is intended to showcase the need to prevent disabilities and deaths caused by road accidents. Day by day road accidents is becoming highly prevalent in India.
Some Points you need to remember to avoid trauma:
- Carefully follow the road safety rules.
- Wear helmet always while riding two-wheelers.
- Wear seatbelt while driving four-wheelers
- Take short breaks in case of long, continuous driving.
- Make sure your children stay away from electric wires, sharp objects, poisonous pesticides and medications.
- Always maintain a first aid safety kit in your home and in your vehicle.
- Ensure that your staircase, balconies and rooftops are safe and secure in order to prevent falls.
- Learn some basic life support procedures to help yourself or others when injured.
- Don’t drive a vehicle when you are tired, sleepy or drunk.
- Don’t drive vehicles when you’re in a hurry
- Don’t operate large machinery alone
- Don’t use a mobile phone while driving
- Don’t give fluids to an unconscious or semi-conscious traumatized person.
About the Hospital:
Since the inception of Premier Hospital in 1991 till today, we have grown to unprecedented levels, due to our excellence in medical sciences and healthcare. Premier Hospital is the creation of Dr Mahesh Marda and when it was first established, was only a small, 30-bed hospital facility. Back then, we provided only secondary care to patients, but that certainly has changed in the present landscape.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
January 14, 2021
January 09, 2021
January 01, 2021
December 25, 2020
December 23, 2020
December 17, 2020
December 09, 2020
December 07, 2020
December 01, 2020
November 29, 2020
Santosh Kumar Paila
Ask a Query
May this Makar Sankranti fill your life with joy,
Medical emergencies can occur at any time, but tha
May this New Year bring you much joy and fun. May
Merry Christmas! May God showers your life with un
Our body functions are often a mystery. Every musc