What Is Malaria? Is It Fatal?
Malaria is one of the deadliest diseases that are caused by mosquitoes. This common waterborne disease caused by the biting of the female anopheles mosquito can often turn out to be fatal, if its symptoms are not caught and treated in time. During monsoons, when water-borne diseases are on the rise, the risk of getting malaria also increases. When mosquitoes that lay their eggs on contaminated and stagnant water bite a person with low immunity, he/she is at a high risk of suffering from Malaria
HOW DO YOU GET MALARIA?
With the mosquito bites, a parasite is released into your bloodstream that travels to your liver and matures and starts infecting the red blood cells. The parasites multiply within 48 to 72 hours making the infected cells burst open.
SYMPTOMS OF MALARIA
- Chills from moderate to severe
- High fever
- Profuse sweating
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain
- Bloody stools
IS MALARIA FATAL?
If left undetected and untreated the condition has the potential to turn fatal. The following can happen if the condition is not addressed and treated in time,
- Swelling of the blood vessels of the brain, or cerebral malaria
- Accumulation of fluid in the lungs that causes breathing problems, or pulmonary edema
- Organ failure of the kidneys, liver, or spleen
- Anemia due to the destruction of red blood cells
- Low blood sugar
We at Premier, urge our readers and patients to be extra careful and take all preventive measures, especially in the monsoons, as the mosquito starts breeding in stagnant water increasing the chances of infection. We also request you to not ignore symptoms mentioned above and get yourself tested for malaria as soon as possible.
Premier Hospitals have an efficient team general physicians and specialised doctors for all kinds of diseases and conditions, we focus on our patients recovery and healing. Delivering quality treatment is our priority.
About The Hospital
Since the inception of Premier Hospital in 1991 till today, we have grown to unprecedented levels, due to our excellence in medical sciences and healthcare. Premier Hospital is the creation of Dr Mahesh Marda and when it was first established, was only a small, 30-bed hospital facility. Back then, we provided only secondary care to patients, but that certainly has changed in the present landscape.
- Best Doctors for Malaria treatment in Hyderabad
- Best Hospital for Malaria in Hyderabad
- Best treatment for Malaria in Hyderabad
- Causes Symptoms and Prevention of Malaria
- How do you get Malaria Disease
- Major Symptoms of Malaria
- Malaria and its Symptoms
- Malaria Causes and Symptoms
- Malaria Disease Symptoms
- Malaria Signs and Symptoms and Treatment
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Malaria
- What is Malaria and How Does it Spread
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
April 13, 2021
April 11, 2021
April 07, 2021
April 04, 2021
March 28, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 21, 2021
March 14, 2021
March 08, 2021
Santosh Kumar Paila
Ask a Query
Lets welcome Ugadi with great hope, eagerness &
Let's build a fairer and healthier world for every
Dementia is not a
May this Holi br