International Day of Persons with Disabilities, 3 December 2019
International Disability Day is observed internationally on December 3 every year and promoted by the United Nations since 1992 as an international observance. It emphasizes that this day at the premier hospital is conducted every year to raise awareness about people with disabilities and encourage them by using a lot of help in their real lives to improve their lifestyle and eliminate social stigma towards them. Since 1992, it has been celebrated every year until this year with much success throughout the world.
The primary purpose of this day is to increase people’s understanding of the world with people with disabilities and to help them improve their self-esteem, welfare and rights in society. It also seeks to involve all people with disabilities in all areas of life such as politics, economy, society and culture in society. That is the reason why it is called “International Day of Persons with Disabilities”. Every year celebrates International Day for Persons with Disabilities, which addresses the various problems of people with disabilities throughout the world.
What is Disability:
Disability is a general term that includes impairment, restrictions on activities, and restrictions on participation.
- Disability is a problem in the function or structure of the body
- Activity limitation is the difficulty that a person encounters when carrying out a task or action.
- Restrictions on participation are problems that a person experiences in life situations.
This term is often used to refer to physical disorders, sensory disorders, cognitive disorders, mental retardation, mental illness and various types of chronic diseases.
The most significant minority in the world are people with disabilities. These people generally have poor health, lower education, lower economic opportunities and higher poverty rates than people without disabilities.
It is mainly due to the lack of available services (such as information and communication technology (ICT), justice or transportation) and the many obstacles they face in their daily lives in terms of their physical, political or social attitudes or discrimination.
People with disabilities have a far higher risk of violence due to stigmatization, discrimination, and ignorance about disability and lack of social support for those who care for them. Children with disabilities are almost four times more likely to be affected by violence than children without disabilities.
Types of disability:
- Visual disability
- Speech disability
- Hearing impairment
- Locomotor disability
- Mental disability
- Leprosy cured persons
Purpose to Implement International Day For Disability At Premier Hospital:
- The primary purpose of celebrating this event is to increase people’s awareness and understanding of the problem of people with disabilities.
- Help people with disabilities to obtain dignity, rights, wealth and security in society
Address all the problems of people with disabilities in all aspects of life.
- Analyze whether the rules and regulations applied by government organizations function and follow them well or not.
- To help them with appropriate rehabilitation, to provide equal opportunities, to reduce poverty and to promote their role in society.
- Focus on health, well-being, education, and social dignity.
What Must People Do?
People from all over the world enthusiastically contribute to the celebration by actively promoting the equality of people with disabilities and promoting their morality. This day should celebrate through an art exhibition organization that supports the work of art of people with disabilities to show their abilities. People also participated in protests to increase people’s attention to the disabilities of people with disabilities and raise awareness of the valuable role of people with disabilities in society.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- December 13, 2019
- December 12, 2019
- December 09, 2019
- December 01, 2019
- November 27, 2019
- November 20, 2019
- November 19, 2019
- November 18, 2019
- November 18, 2019
Ask a Query
- How healthy are you? 40s are an excellent time to
- World Patient Safety Day is celebrated every year
- International Disability Day is observed internati